Newsboys - Not Ashamed(1992)

This album took a mediocre, little known Christian band from Australia into THE name in Christian alternative and pop music. The influence of Steve Taylor is evident throughout the album with his hilariously satirical lyrics everywhere. But his lyrics would be nothing without the incredible talent and energy of the Newsboys (who, incidentally, seem to wear out a lead guitar player and a keyboardist about every year or so through their absolutely energy-packed albums and concerts!).

The Newsboys start off on the right track with "I Cannot Get You Out of my System." This song gets you into the Newsboys groove - lots of sequencing and looping and fancy sound work, and some witty lyrics.

They quickly follow this with the smash hit title track "Not Ashamed." This one song was the band's making ... more energy and meaning are packed into this song than I have heard from most bands' entire albums. The Newsboys' entire ministry is based on Romans 1:16: "I am not ashamed of the Gospel." The song says "What are we sneaking around for? Who are we trying to please? Shrugging off sin, apologizing like we're spreading some kind of disease" then comes back with the Newsboys' answer: "I'm not ashamed to let you know, I want this light in me to show, I'm not ashamed to speak the name of Jesus Christ!" Now that's what I call wearing your faith on your sleeve, and being very happy to do so. That's the kind of faith God intends for us to have, and it's a shame we let our pride and selfish desires get in the way so often. What a different place the world would be if more people would stand up and say "I'm not ashamed of Jesus - I'm proud to take a stand for His Name!"

  1. I Cannot Get You Out of My System
  2. I'm Not Ashamed
  3. Where You Belong / Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus
  4. Upon This Rock
  5. Strong Love
  6. Dear Shame
  7. Boycott Hell
  8. We Come Together
  9. Love Comes True
  10. Lost The Sky Again
Download:
Link1
pass :
notashamed

Posted in Labels: |